Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A word of thanks to 2nd KL officers


Came back from 2009 Officer Retreat on Sunday, can't say it's good or bad, the only thing i will said is this-- we had a very fruitful retreat.

In 2nd KL, i always believe that God is moving 2nd KL. From the time that it lack of officers, until today we had a stable officer council, i really thank God for all the blessing that He put in 2nd KL. We did had a long meeting from 1.30pm till 7.30pm, but the meeting is not stress at all.

Throughout the meeting, we had covered the revision for year 2009, of course there are sorrow and joy, and problems and solution. As for the new year planning for 2010, i can foresee there are hopes and courage among all my officers, and i truly believe that 2nd KL is growing, with the strong hold from all the officers, 2nd KL will move forward to fulfill God's planning for 2nd KL.

As a Captain in GB, I did have pressure. There are officers older than me, there are officers much experience than me, there are officers same peers with me, and who am i to lead them?? I did asking God about these questions, and God is strengthen my faith, ensuring me to move forward with HIM. To move on, the only think i believe is-- honor God. They always had a verse said-- when you honor God, God will honor you in return. Yes, He is.

From the day i take up the post until today, i did learned a lot. Being a captain in a company is not easy, but God is so good until he showing me each step to move on. I used to think, i'm just a ordinary man in this world, God might forget about me. Even with my little strength, i can't make things change because i'm so tiny.  But, God's planning is different. I never thought i can take up the role as Captain in 2nd KL, and i never thought i can make things change just by a decision i made.

After 2 years taking the role, i don't feel tired at all, because i know that i'm not tired to serve God. Kit told me before-- Serving in a ministry is serving GOD, NOT serving MAN, and i hope that i can bring this thought to all my officers in the council, and i would like to thank them for all their efforts in the GB, THANK YOU my officers, thank you for working in team with me, thank you for supporting me throughout these 2 years. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. A good leader is to know your team members strength and weaknesses. Each other help among themselves... This we call Team Work - and you indeed a good leader.

    May the Lord's light keep on shine to show the path for you to walk more towards Him. God bless!

    ReplyDelete